Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Proper Technique when playing the piano

Have you ever experienced pain in your wrist after playing for a long time. This is probably because you haven't developed proper technique. About a month ago I started practicing different scales over different chords and after a while my wrist became very tensed to a point that I couldn't play for about a week. Speed development was also limited due to this.

After lots of research I came across a website with some lessons from Zach Evans, a piano player and instructor. He has some good tips on how to develop proper technique. I recently discovered this issue so I will have to unlearn some bad techniques that I developed over the years. Please learn from my mistakes and take advantage of this opportunity You can find him at bestpianotips.com. He also has a Youtube channel that you can subscribe to. 

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Your email address will not be published, but you will receive a notification when your comment has a reply. All comments are moderated so it may take some time to get back to you.